Postdoc and Fellow
Joseph L. Henry
Oral Health Fellowship
in Minority Health Policy
The Joseph L. Henry Oral Health Fellowship in Minority Health Policy established in the Office for Diversity Inclusion and Community Partnership will continue his legacy by providing resources for the next generation of leaders in minority health and minority health policy. Read more...
"Dr. Henry believed in the importance of mentoring and cared about the academic and career advancement of students, trainees and junior faculty without regard to race, ethnicity or gender. He was the consummate teacher, clinician, researcher and role model."
-- Joan Reede, Dean for Diversity and Community Partnership, Harvard Medical School
Informational Webinar for the Joseph L. Henry Oral Health Fellowship in Minority Health Policy was held on October 24, 2022, 12:30 pm – 1:15 pm.
- Participate in fellowship activities including leadership forums, seminar series, site visits, journal club, practicum and receive mentoring from senior faculty and health leaders.
- Complete the course work leading to a MPH degree from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health. For those with a prior MPH, complete course work leading to a MPA degree from the Harvard Kennedy School.
- DDS or DMD and an active dental license required
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years experience in dental practice or completion of residency
- Experience with addressing and improving health needs of minority, disadvantaged and vulnerable populations
- Interest in minority health, health policy and public health
- U.S. citizenship or U.S. permanent residency
- Financial support for Master’s degree tuition
- Travel for professional meetings and site visits
How to Apply
The application deadline for the 2023-2024 Fellowship was December 1, 2022. Online applications for the 2024-2025 Fellowship will be available in September 2023.
- Fellowship Flyer
- Application instructions
- Sample application
- Sample Release Form
- Sample Recommendation Form
Contact our office via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain the link to the online application.
If you have any questions, please call our office at 617-432-2922, or email at email@example.com.
Jackie Wright, MS