The LGBT Office was established in 2014 to enhance diversity inclusion while fostering an open, affirming, and welcoming community for LGBT students, staff, faculty, trainees, and fellows at Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Dental Medicine (HMS/HSDM). Our goal is to identify key areas of importance, programmatic interventions, and resources that support LGBT issues. We collaborate with relevant offices and programs within HMS/HSDM, Harvard University, and the broader community to build an inclusive environment. The LGBT Advisory Committee advises the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine on key priorities that address issues of importance to the HMS/HSDM LGBT community.
- Concepts and Terminology Guide on Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Sex Development
- Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, and Sex Development: Recommendations for Data Collection and Use in Clinical, Research, and Administrative Settings
- LGBTQ Health – curated materials from the Countway Library of Medicine
- Elective Course on Care for Patients with Diverse Sexual Orientations and Gender Identities at Harvard Medical School.
- Conference on Advancing Excellence in Transgender Health: A Course for the Whole Care Team (Sept 30 – Oct 3, 2021)
- Map of 52 all-gender inclusive restrooms on the Harvard Longwood Campus.
For more information, please contact:
Leah M. Fygetakis, PhD
Manager of LGBT Programs
2019 LGBT and Allies Reception photos by Gretchen Ertl