DIVERSITY LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD
Susanne E. Churchill, PhD
Instructor in Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital
HAROLD AMOS FACULTY DIVERSITY AWARD
Fidencio Saldana, MD
Assistant Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Dennis Spencer, MD, PhD
Instructor in Pediatrics, Boston Children’s Hospital
Valerie E. Stone, MD, MPH
Professor of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital
Department of Surgery, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Sidhu Gangadharan, MD, MS
Associate Professor of Surgery
Anne Fabrizio, MD,
Instructor in Surgery
SHARON P. CLAYBORNE STAFF DIVERSITY AWARD
James (Jim) Gould, PhD
Director, Office for Post-Doctoral Programs and Services, Harvard Medical School
Kari Hannibal and Gilianne Jawahir, Program in Medical Education, Harvard Medical School
Kari Hannibal, Senior Administrator in the Office of Scholarly Engagement
Gilianne Jawahir, Educational Quality Improvement Coordinator
IN THE NEWS
Where Everyone Can Thrive
HMS honors faculty, staff for leadership in diversity, inclusion efforts
HMS News | April 21, 2021
To go to Diversity Awards in the news in previous years, please click here.
2020 Diversity Awards Virtual Ceremony
Harvard Medical School is committed to advancing a work and educational environment that embraces diversity and promotes and sets the tone for inclusion.
The Harold Amos Faculty Diversity Award has been established to recognize and celebrate faculty (clinical, pre-clinical, research, administrative) of Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Dental Medicine who have made exceptional efforts in the areas of equity, diversity, and inclusion at Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Dental Medicine.
The Sharon P. Clayborne Staff Diversity Award has been established to recognize and celebrate staff members of Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Dental Medicine who have made exceptional efforts in the areas of equity, diversity, and inclusion at Harvard Medical School and Harvard School of Dental Medicine.
In the News:
- Be the Change: HMS honors faculty, staff for diversity efforts, responds to racial injustice - HMS News, June 12, 2020
- "Agents of Change: 2019 Howard, Dorsey, Still lecture, awards recognize diversity efforts of HMS faculty, staff" - HMS News, May 7, 2019
- Harvard Medical School Honors CHA Psychiatrist with Diversity Award - Cambridge Health Alliance, April 6, 2016
- Social Justice and Health: Highlights from the Annual Howard, Dorsey, Still Lecture & Diversity Awards Ceremony - HMS News, March 30, 2014
- "Celebrating Diversity: Healthy Communities and Businesses Thrive on Diversity" - HMS News, April 12, 2013
Diversity Award recipients in previous years.
You may find frequently asked questions about Diversity Awards here.
For more information please contact:
Terésa J. Carter
Photos by Jeff Thiebauth unless otherwise noted.